CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs Brief news about chitral This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- How about meat without killing animals! by: Eike Kühl Mark Post knows how to make beef, but he is no butcher. He very much prefers his laboratory to the slaughterhouse. As the chair of Physiology and Vice Dean of… Read Further >>
- Collective wedding ceremony held in Chitral town CHITRAL: A grand collective wedding ceremony was held in Chitral town under the auspices of Alkhidmat Foundation a subsidiary organisation of Jamat Islami. The ceremony held at the parade ground was presided… Read Further >>
- Kalash festival Pholar celebrated in Birir valley CHITRAL: Annual Autumn Kalash festival Pholarh , also pronounce Phool, Pul, was celebrated in Birir valley. The festival is celebrated only in the aforementioned amongst the three kalash valley. Special Assistant to… Read Further >>
- Wastage of valuable local products of Chitral .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig Chitral has been a self dependent society for certain geographical constraints. The men and women worked together to run the family finances and did hard work… Read Further >>
- Horticulture in Chitral Chitral has inherited a very difficult terrain for professions like agriculture, large scale animal husbandry, dairy products, poultry farming etc. due to its location in the mountains. In the past the inhabitants… Read Further >>
- All women football, cricket tournament being held in GB The victors of the tournament celebrate atop a vehicle with their trophies. The picturesque valley of Gilgit-Baltistan is quickly becoming a talent hotspot for women's sports. The region has already produced several… Read Further >>
- Technical, vocational education direly needed in Chitral CHITRAL: Chitral has been known to produce outclass educationists and students in good numbers.. This also includes religious and seminary students. Masjids in the province especially in big cities have mostly Chitrali… Read Further >>
- Onus of Afghan war end-state .. by Raza Muhammad Khan DURING his address to the UNGA in Sep, the PM rightly expressed his dismay at Pakistan’s castigation by some Western law makers, for denouement of the Afghan… Read Further >>
- Pandora Papers: Secret wealth and dealings of world leaders exposed By Pandora Papers reporting team BBC Panorama The secret wealth and dealings of world leaders, politicians and billionaires has been exposed in one of the biggest leaks of financial documents. Some 35… Read Further >>
- Adventure Tourism in Chitral in the 60s and 70s .. Prof Rahmat Karim Baig Some 50 years back when we are in schools the arrival of mountaineering expeditions in Terich valley in summers was an attraction for children of my age.… Read Further >>
- Traditional names of places in Chitral .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig CHITRAL: In an article last week I had given a small scale coverage to a historic local spot that falls on tourist route but was not… Read Further >>
- A case for the Presidential System in Pakistan Rooted in British colonial legacy, the parliamentary system of government has continued to fail. Given Pakistan’s political realities, the presidential system might deliver better results .. by Mashhood Azam Awan Pakistan adopted the… Read Further >>
- The sonami of unemployment .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig The PTI had come to power from a major support of the young men of our present generation who had been lured into the net for… Read Further >>
- A new festival in Upper Chitral .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig A brisk movement has been launched in the past few days for publicizing a festival called ‘Zani pass’ Festival which is reported to have a number… Read Further >>
- Returning expats mistreated at Peshawar airport PESHAWAR: Returning expats from the US, Canada etc via Doha were meted out rough treatment and thirty passengers were declared COVID positive en mass, in a 10 minute sleazy test, one passenger… Read Further >>
- Roads of Chitral as seen by the Chief Justice .. by Prof. Rahmat Karim Baig CHITRAL: In an Urdu daily it has been reported that during a hearing the Honourable Chief Justice of Peshawar High Court has commented on the condition… Read Further >>
- Has India left Afghanistan? .. by Prof. Rahmat Karim Baig Our media has been reporting that India has left Afghanistan and all the investment she made there is doomed but it is a misconception. India has… Read Further >>
- Threats to the cultural values of Chitral .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig When we speak of Chitral we mean both Kho and Kalash communities that have lived here for more than a thousand years and very cordially. The… Read Further >>
- Georgian mountaineers honoured n Chitral CHITRAL: A simple celebratory event was organized in Chitral town to honor the successful climbing of the rocky massif of the Saraghrar Peak (4349m) for the first time by a Georgian Expedition… Read Further >>
- Karimabad girl achieves distinction CHITRAL: Hashima Shah daughter of Syed Amir Uddin Shah from Breshgram Karimabad has taken the spotlight for leading the project of the World Oral Health Day 2021. Along with her team at… Read Further >>