- Chitralis reject idea of closing markets for three days in a week
- Water channel breach in Khot causes damage to property
- Eid celebrated in Chitral flouting all precautionary instructions
- “Verily we belong to God, and verily to Him do we return.”- Al Quran
- Chitral Police continues to take action against drug paddling
- Tourist beggars roam Chitral bazars despite ban on entry ?
- Record of incoming passengers to Chitral shall be obtained at the tunnel
- Snow leopard kills 30 goats after intruding in their shed
- Chitrali girl completes Graduation in US under Fulbright scholarship
- Markets to remain open 7 days a week up till 5 pm
- Quarantine in official premises restrictions to be lifted in Chitral
- MPA, Deputy Commissioner dispute resolved amicably
- Chitralis rejoice opening of public transport announcement
- Kalash spring festival Chlim Jusht concludes in a low key mode
- Incessant rains across Chitral districts block many roads
- Pre-Aftari squabble takes one life in Broze village
- Parents criticize policy of promoting students sans examination
- Two major roads of Chitral districts taken over by NHA
- Policeman on quarantine duty contracts Coronavirus
- Goats grazing by outsiders be banned, Sultan Wazir
- Chitral Scouts Major succumbs to COVID-19
- Corona virus status in Chitral
- PTI leader wants list of ‘Ehsas’ benefeciaries publicly displayed
- Corona positive cases keep rising in Chitral
- All buildings construction banned in Kalash valleys
- Corona exposes Chitral’s dependency on outsiders
- Chitral traders demand opening of markets
- Nine fresh Coronavirus cases including five women registered in Chitral
- Four COVID-19 patients recover in Chitral
- IGP KP visits Chitral quarantine centers
- Haji Wilayat Khan of Mastuj passes away
- Sixth Coronavirus patient officially recorded in Chitral districts
- Insaf Teachers Association Chitral deplores breach of merit in appointments
- Five persons detected with COVID-19 infection in Chitral
- First positive case of COVID-19 recorded in Chitral
CHITRAL: Whereas it may seem odd and rather weird that people become happy at the thought of public hanging, but this is a fact that 95 percent people in Pakistan (as per estimates and surveys) support the idea of publicly hanging heinous criminals so that they serve as a warning for other would be potential criminals. The passage of a similar bill by the National Assembly of Pakistan which proposes public hanging for child rapists has sprouted a rainbow amidst the dark clouds of crime in Pakistan. Many people from Chitral talking to CN expressed their glee over the passage of this bill.
After the failure of government organs like the administration, the judiciary, police etc in effectively curbing such crimes due to lenient and faulty laws and procedures, it was necessary to adopt a no-nonsense extreme law to deal with such extreme crimes.
It is unfortunate that stalwarts of the PPP, a PTI minister and some women liberalists have come out against the bill without giving any sensible reason. They have termed the law as ‘barbariat’ (barbarianism) and against the norms of a civilised society . If these critics have their own near and dear children get raped (God forbid), would they know the real meaning of ‘barbariat’ and that of a ‘civilised society’. It therefore becomes a moral obligation for the conscience yielding members of PPP and PTI to protest against the stance of their leaders who opposed the bill unjustifiably,? just for the sake of opposition disregarding the implications.
The National Assembly of Pakistan has for once done something laudable and needs to be praised for it. It is however hoped that the government does not take a Uturn on the bill … After all ‘once bitten twice shy’. .. CN report, 07 Feb 2020
CHITRAL: A number of cases have been reported in Chitral of houses catching fire due to electric short circuit. The reason for these incidences is none other than the use of substandard poorest quality electric wires that are brought to Chitral by the local shopkeepers and users buy them at the price of standard material, there being not much choice with them. Until a year back when the Golen powerhouse was not commissioned there was very low voltage and these wires would hold, but now with the availability of full strength voltage these low quality wiring are giving way one by one. It may be pointed out that almost everything available in Chitral markets is of low quality and much of the time fake and counterfeit stuff is sold with impunity. .. CN report, 13 Nov 2019
CHITRAL: District Police Officer Wasim Riaz? while addressing a press conference in Chitral said three accomplices of the main accused who was arrested for the murder of a couple belonging to Garam Chashma, all four have now been arrested he said.
It may be recalled that a man belonging to Eezhh GaramChashma contracted a love marriage with a girl fro Swat Kohistan few months ago without the permission of the girl’s parents. The parents in order to redeem their honour hired paid assassins on a contract of Rs 15 lacs to eliminate the couple. Accordingly the parents had paid the assassins Rs 3 lacs in advance out of which two lacs were recovered from the culprits who have since confessed to the murder.
The DPO praised his staff particularly SDPO? Zafar Ahmad and Inspector Sajjad Hussein for successfully carrying out the investigation and performing the arrest in a short time. .. BH Azad, 09 Nov 2019
CHITRAL: The bi-weekly PIA flights between Islamabad and Chitral which hitherto operated on a Sunday and Friday will now operate on Sunday and Wednesday instead. The change being from Friday to Wednesday only while the Sunday schedule remains intact. It is to be noted that the Peshawar Chitral flights are already suspended till 15 Dec. For details the PIA web portal can be accessed via our web page here, or the PIA call center at +(92-21)-111-786-786 … CN report, 05 Nov 2019.
CHITRAL: Funds of Rs99.76 million meant for construction of a shelter home for women at Booni, the headquarters of Upper Chitral district, have been diverted to some other district as the communication and works department failed to start work on the site according to the given deadline.
In a letter issued from the Peshawar office of USAID to the C&W department authorities, it has been communicated that any work might be carried out by the department at their own risk and cost as the USAID could not ensure availability of the funds.
The letter said that under the KP-Reconstruction Programme, the USAID had approved the project for Upper Chitral district two years ago and work was to be started on the site by September 15 and completed by June 2020, but the executing department failed to follow the timeline.
To start work on the site, the Project Implementation Letter had to be signed with USAID for which hiring of consultant was required to prepare drawing and design and all this should have been done before June this year.
Holding the C&W department responsible for this lapse, the letter stated that repeated reminders to the top hierarchy of the department did not produce any results, leading to missing of the deadline.
The KP-Reconstruction Programme of USAID is scheduled to close down by June 30, so the projects need to be completed by this date.
District Development Advisory Committee chairman Wazir Zada expressed his dismay over shifting of the project from his district. He demanded of senior management of USAID in KP to review the decision as shelter home was urgently needed in the area. .. Source
The government is coming up with different proposals for regulating electricity billing tariffs and metering systems to cut the losses and wastage of electricity. All maybe fine but why is the govt blind to the fact that not only serving but retired WAPDA personnel of all ranks and cadres are being allowed free electricity at the cost of consumers. It has also been reported that when these retired personnel die their families continue getting the free electricity for a long time as death not being reported (thanks to our moral values).
Trying to clean the well by taking out buckets of water while the corpse of the dog keeps lying in the well, is all what we are doing in different spheres of ‘reforms’ and this department is no exception.
The government should immediately withdraw free electricity facility from all serving and retired WAPDA personnel and in lieu should increase their salaries or give them lumpsum money at the time of retirement.. Free electricity is grossly misused and mercilessly wasted.- Thanks, .. Muhammad Abid, Chitral 26 Oct 2019.
CHITRAL: A tourist visiting Chitral has launched a complaint at the PM’s Citizen Complaint Portal, saying he had visited Chitral with lot of expectations from a tourists point of view but his trip was very uncomfortable and left a bad after taste mainly due to the abject condition of rioads.? According to ‘Sama TV’ report, the person hailing from Punjab swore not to visit the place again.
It may be noted that first time visitors get a rude shock when the rude the Lowari tunnel area by encountering horrible roads, then being stopped at the tunnel without any reason, and then having to travel on very poor tracks called roads specially to the Kalash valleys which are favourite with tourists owing to their ancient and unique culture. .. CN report, 24 Oct 2019
CHITRAL: A new diagnostic center by Al khidmat foundation was opened in Chitral bazaar. The function was addressed by MNA Abdul Akbar Chitrali, MS DHQ hospital Dr Akbar Shah, Alkhidmat provincial head Khalid Waqas, district head Naveed Ahmad Baig and others. Speakers elaborated the services being rendered by the foundation and said it was working in the service of humanity above any political ethnic or other considerations. .. CN report, 23 Oct 2019