CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs Brief news about chitral This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- Challenges faced by Chitral The year 2015 brought much changes politically and traumatic situation economically for the people of Chitral. It was first time after the end of Musharraf government thta a political transition from PPP-led… Read Further >>
- 15 million euros for powerhouse upgradation Read Further >>
- Walk against corruption in Chitral Chitral -- A walk against corruption was held in Chitral arranged by the district administration. Earlier in a gathering on the occasion, District Naib Nazim Molana Abdul Shakoor and Additional Deputy commissioner… Read Further >>
- How not to prepare for disasters Chitral has been declared a disaster prone region. Apart from being located on the red zone for earthquakes, Chitral runs the risk of facing disasters originating from changed climatic conditions. Without the… Read Further >>
- Solar plants for some Chitral hospitals Read Further >>
- Our botched up priorities Chitral -- It had to happen again. During the pre Juma prayer sermon, the prayer leader counted the possible reasons why God was angry with us and thus the floods. The main… Read Further >>
- Urdu as official language – a backward leap Decision of the government to replace English with Urdu as the official language of Pakistan is indeed a giant retrogressive leap in the chronology of our future history. At a time when… Read Further >>
- Lesson for the world from Ramazan Every year a quarter of the world's population following the Muslim faith undergo a month long strict regime of discipline and abstinence. The month of Ramazan as ordained for the followers of… Read Further >>
- Democracies failure highlighted yet again The currently held Local Bodies elections in Chitral have once again highlighted the failure of the existing democratic practice vis-a-vis elections as a panacea for the ills of our governance system. Elections… Read Further >>
- This can happen only in Pakistan A political party is crying hoarse since the last one and half years, the time since elections took place in Pakistan, that it was cheated and elections were grotesquely rigged. It approached… Read Further >>
- A nation of compulsive liers Telling lies is one of the cardinal sins, strictly forbidden in any religion of the world besides being a despicable act in all civilised societies. In Pakistan, it is unfortunate that telling… Read Further >>
- The ultimate ‘muk-muka’ in Pakistan What is the biggest problem being faced by the people of Pakistan? Terrorism- No!, because terrorism can be eliminated with an honest effort as is being done by the armed forces now.… Read Further >>
- Why are Muslims financially corrupt According to a Transparency International report, seven out of eight most corrupt nations are Muslim majority - something to ponder about and something to be worried about too. An example in case… Read Further >>
- Weekly holidays should be abolished Pakistan is in the throes of a grievous economic turmoil. We are begging for more money from the IMF to pay for the interest of the previously loaned money. Under such circumstances… Read Further >>
- Chitral deserves a University It is a measure of leadership failure in Chitral that it is without a university of its own. Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University (SBBU) Dir which has been given jurisdiction over Chitral, is… Read Further >>
- Evolution of the Chitrali Calm Mind Chitral, the idyllic spot; the heaven on earth, to use the common phrase, where the manifestation of the supreme power is so richly displayed in the form of high peaked mountains touching… Read Further >>
- Developing Creativity Through Education Creativity is the ability to imagine or invent something new. It is not the ability to create something out of nothing, but the ability to generate new ideas by combining, changing or… Read Further >>
- Time to clean our Augean stable Pakistan has become an Augean stable of inept and corrupt politicians, religious obscurantists, cunning beurocracy, budget guzzling military and maze of security agencies. No wonder the world has started raising fingers on… Read Further >>
- Suggestion for choosing representatives in Chitral Elections are nearing!! The season of political rallies, blame-game, slogans, empty promises and false claims will soon begin! It is not important, who wins or who looses, what is important is how… Read Further >>
- Education should not be linked with literacy alone I have been a school teacher of the yester generation and later also have held a responsible position in local politics for a long time. I feel the essence of education is… Read Further >>