CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs Brief news about chitral This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- ‘Mantu’ a popular Iftar treat in Chitral CHITRAL: Mantu, a beef-stuff dumpling from Afghanistan, has become a popular iftar food item here. The mantu outlets have recorded high sales during the current Islamic month of fasting. They attract large… Read Further >>
- Coronavirus really is seasonal, study suggests .. by Rachael Rettner © Provided by Live Science Tropical beach with palm trees.Warm temperatures and tropical climates may really help reduce the spread of COVID-9, a new study suggests. The study… Read Further >>
- تو قادر و عادل ہے مگر تیرے جہاں میں’ ہیں تلخ بہت بندہ مزدور کے اوقات Read Further >>
- PIA asked to operate daily flights on Chitral route The people of Chitral have asked Pakistan International Airlines to operate flights on daily basis on Chitral-Peshawar-Islamabad route and fix morning time for flight operation. — APP/File CHITRAL: The people of Chitral… Read Further >>
- زندگی کا بجٹ موت پر لگانے والے ایٹمی پڑوسی ہندوستان اور پاکستان کے پاس زندگی چھیننے کا ایک سے بڑھ کر ایک ذریعہ موجود ہے۔ توپ و تفنگ، تیر و تبر، شمشیر و سنا، طیارے ہرکارے اور بم بارود کیا ہے،… Read Further >>
- Four year old Pakistani girl becomes Microsoft professional Arish Fatima has set a unique example by scoring 831 marks in the MCP exam. Arish Fatima, a 4-year-old prodigy from Karachi, made history by becoming the youngest Microsoft professional. At the… Read Further >>
- Chitral loses iconic ‘tree of birds’ to strong winds .. by Zahiruddin The fallen white mulberry tree. — Dawn CHITRAL: The historical tree of white mulberry in Singoor village of Chitral town fell to the ground as strong winds continue to… Read Further >>
- خلیجی ممالک میں اسلام بمقابلہ پاکستان میں اسلام زندگی کا ایک لمبا عرصہ یہاں خلیجی ممالک میں گزار دیا اور اس عرصے میں نہ کبھی کسی عاشقِ رسول سے ملاقات ہوئی اور نہ ہی کسی مجاہدِ ختم نبوت سے۔ نہ… Read Further >>
- The crisis offers a great opportunity CHITRAL: Both India and Pakistan are in the throes of a great crisis- The Covid pandemic has dumbfounded both the countries as to what has hit them. Where an epidemic is a… Read Further >>
- UN turning to artificial intelligence in search for peace .. by Dalvin Brown Artificial intelligence is helping to broker peacekeeping deals in war-torn countries, underscoring how the tech with a bad reputation can have a positive impact, too.Over the past… Read Further >>
- Chinese firm to build 82Mw hydropower plant in Chitral BEIJING, China’s Sinohydro will build a run-of-the-river hydropower plant in Chitral of Pakistan’s northern KP province to produce 82MWs, or 380 GWh per annum, of clean energy at the cost of $200… Read Further >>
- کیا پاکستان میں احتجاج کے معنی ‘پرتشدد احتجاج’ بن کر رہ گیا ہے مسئلہ یہ نہیں ہے کہ ایک کالعدم جماعت احتجاج کے نام پہ پرتشدد مظاہرے کرتی ہے اور ریاست سے عملی جنگ چھیڑ دیتی ہے ۔ مسئلہ یہ بھی نہیں کہ پولیس جوابی… Read Further >>
- Rise of corruption due to misinterpretation of religious teachings CHITRAL: The ever rising trend of financial corruption in Pakistan is a cause of worry for many, although no body has been able to detect the root cause of this phenomenon. Some… Read Further >>
- Remembering Prince Philip .. by Dr Mir Baiz Khan Today, as the late Prince Philip is laid to rest, it brings to an end his long life, spanning almost a century. During his life time,… Read Further >>
- PIA’s Ex Deputy Chief Engineer Makes Shocking Revelations About Havelian ATR Crash .. by Darakhshan Anjum The findings of the initial report of the 2016 plane crash in Havelian have been challenged in the Sindh High Court (SHC) According to the details, the former… Read Further >>
- Elite privilege consumes $17.4bn of Pakistan’s economy: UNDP .. by Asad Hashim Islamabad, Pakistan – Economic privileges accorded to Pakistan’s elite groups, including the corporate sector, feudal landlords, the political class and the country’s powerful military, add up to an estimated… Read Further >>
- Govt should fulfill religious obligations during Ramazan CHITRAL: While eating and drinking from dawn to dusk is prohibited for normal healthy Muslims, during Ramazan, there are also some exemptions from fasting granted to certain category of people. Travellers, sick… Read Further >>
- Heritage trails of Chitral .. by Prof. R.K. Baig Geographically Chitral has been hemmed in by lofty mountains and its northern border is completely blocked by over 6000m peaks with hanging glaciers that make any kind… Read Further >>
- Please watch this video clip before entering Ramazan CHITRAL: Muslims are ready to enter the holy month of Ramazan in a few days. While all the fervour and importance is given to the physiological aspect of the month, no heed… Read Further >>
- Ridiculous to criminalise criticism, says Fawad Chaudhry Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry has opposed the introduction of new laws to quell criticism. — DawnNewsTV/File Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry on Thursday said it was an… Read Further >>