CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs Brief news about chitral This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- Tourists to Chitral complain of poor roads, facilities CHITRAL: With sweltering heat hitting the plains, tourists from all over Pakistan's south are rushing to the mountains for respite. Special planes arrive with tourist loads in Gilgit and Skardu, and the… Read Further >>
- Chitral, a page from the past history .. by Prof R.K Baig The mountainous state of Chitral in the past i.e. some three hundred years ago when Industrial revolution was getting momentum in the West was blocked between the… Read Further >>
- Resolving the Palestine-Israel conflict .. by Lieut Gen Raza Muhammad Khan FOR much of the world, the West Bank, Golan Heights and East Jerusalem remain occupied, by Israel since 1967. Israel disengaged from Gaza in 2005… Read Further >>
- Pye dog population in Chitral bazars multiplies; Sterilization is the answer CHITRAL: The population of stray dogs in Chtral bazars and surrounding areas has increased to the strength where the public would demand their extermination any time and one fine day, workers of… Read Further >>
- History of Pakistan in a stanza (urdu) تاریخ پاکستان ایک قطعہ میں Read Further >>
- Robinia plantation cheap source of firewood for Chitralis .. by Zahiruddin Robinia plants lining a street in Booni Town, Upper Chitral. — Dawn CHITRAL: The last three decades have seen massive plantation of robinia tree, which is found in North… Read Further >>
- Chitrali Mythology .. by Muhammad Huzaifa Niza Chitrali mythology developed in the region of Chitral, the tallest portions of the Hindu Kush mountains, where the Chitrali people, at the juncture of South, Central, West,… Read Further >>
- Eight persons die after van falls into Chitral Yarkhun river Photo: SAMAA TV Eight people drowned after a passenger van fell into Chitral’s Yarkhun River early Sunday morning. According to Rescue 1122, 10 passengers were on board the vehicle. The accident… Read Further >>
- ‘Miracle’ Alzheimer’s drug could be approved in days and available on NHS next year .. by Mark Hodge A "MIRACLE" drug which could help beat Alzheimer's disease could be approved in the US next week and be available on the NHS in 2022. Around one million… Read Further >>
- Fake currency pedlar posing as Madrassa donation collector held in Chitral [caption id="attachment_24612" align="alignright" width="164"] Fake money pedlar[/caption] CHITRAL: A man who has been regularly visiting Chitral since many years apparently asking for donations to build a Madrassa in Kohistan has been arrested… Read Further >>
- CJ should take Suo Motu action and order payment of dues to individuals before spending on anything else. CHITRAL: In both the districts of Chitral there are many cases of non-payment of dues which are long overdue and people have even approached the courts of law to get their dues… Read Further >>
- ملک بھر کی تمام مساجد میں جمعہ کا خطبہ حکومتی ہدایات پر ہوگا اسلامی نظریاتی کونسل نے کہا ہے کہ بہتر معاشرے کی تشکیل کے لیے مساجد میں خطبہ جمعہ کے لیے صدر مملکت کی ہدایت پر 100 موضوعات کو چن لیا گیا ہے جن کا… Read Further >>
- سعودی حکومت نے مساجد میں لاؤڈ سپیکر پر پابندی لگا دی سعودی حکومت نے ملک بھر کی تمام مساجد کے امام مساجد کو یہ حکم جاری کر دیا ہے کہ اذان اور نماز کے اقامہ کے علاوہ لاؤڈ سپیکر کا استعمال نہیں کیا… Read Further >>
- PIA takes a big unannounced jump in Chitral fares CHITRAL: PIA has taken a big jump in fares of it's Islamabad-Chitral flights without making any announcement to the effect. It may be pointed out that a couple of months back when… Read Further >>
- ‘North Air’ awarded license to fly Chitral, GB, Gwadar routes .. by Usman Ghani To boost tourism, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) on Saturday issued TPRI (Tourism Promotion and Regional Integration) license to a newly launched private airline named North Air. As… Read Further >>
- 15 Concessions That’ll Make You Happy If we take a good look at ourselves, we will discover that our lives are lead by many factors that create a great deal of tension, pain, and suffering within us. Instead… Read Further >>
- Pakistan: Every Prime Minister leaving office alive is arrested for corruption; Why? CHITRAL: It is strange that every Prime Minister who has left office alive in Pakistan has been charged with corruption and misuse of power by the succeeding government and even got arrested… Read Further >>
- A mess on the horizon This is about the withdrawal of the US/NAATO Forces from Afghanistan where Ashraf Ghani is at the helm of affairs and has developed a type of administrative machinery and hopes to stave… Read Further >>