CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs Brief news about chitral This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- سعودی حکومت نے مساجد میں لاؤڈ سپیکر پر پابندی لگا دی سعودی حکومت نے ملک بھر کی تمام مساجد کے امام مساجد کو یہ حکم جاری کر دیا ہے کہ اذان اور نماز کے اقامہ کے علاوہ لاؤڈ سپیکر کا استعمال نہیں کیا… Read Further >>
- PIA takes a big unannounced jump in Chitral fares CHITRAL: PIA has taken a big jump in fares of it's Islamabad-Chitral flights without making any announcement to the effect. It may be pointed out that a couple of months back when… Read Further >>
- ‘North Air’ awarded license to fly Chitral, GB, Gwadar routes .. by Usman Ghani To boost tourism, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) on Saturday issued TPRI (Tourism Promotion and Regional Integration) license to a newly launched private airline named North Air. As… Read Further >>
- 15 Concessions That’ll Make You Happy If we take a good look at ourselves, we will discover that our lives are lead by many factors that create a great deal of tension, pain, and suffering within us. Instead… Read Further >>
- Pakistan: Every Prime Minister leaving office alive is arrested for corruption; Why? CHITRAL: It is strange that every Prime Minister who has left office alive in Pakistan has been charged with corruption and misuse of power by the succeeding government and even got arrested… Read Further >>
- A mess on the horizon This is about the withdrawal of the US/NAATO Forces from Afghanistan where Ashraf Ghani is at the helm of affairs and has developed a type of administrative machinery and hopes to stave… Read Further >>
- Shopping discount for the vaccinated LAHORE: The Super Market Association on Tuesday announced discounts on various items/commodities for those customers who have got themselves vaccinated against Covid-19. The association made the offer after Commissioner retired Capt Muhammad… Read Further >>
- گلگت بلتستان: سرکاری سرپرستی میں مباہلہ، شیعہ اور سنی عالم آگ میں کودیں گے گلگت بلتستان میں جاری حالیہ مسلکی تنازعات پر وہاں موجود شیعہ اور سنی علماء نے ایک دوسرے کو مناظرہ اور مباہلہ کرنے کا چیلنج کیا ہے جسے دونوں فریقین کی جانب سے… Read Further >>
- Chitralis chalk out own disaster risk management plans .. by Zahiruddin CHITRAL: The residents of the disaster-prone villages of Chitral have formulated their own disaster risk management plans to mitigate the destruction caused by natural calamities. Wasif Ahmed, resilience manager… Read Further >>
- Film on suicides in Chitral wins international awards .. by Zahiruddin CHITRAL: An Urdu short film on the growing incidence of suicides by women in Chitral recently won three awards at the World Film Festival in New York. The festival… Read Further >>
- COVID-19: Regular exercise increases vaccine efficacy by 50 percent A study from 2008 found that physical inactivity is responsible for more than five million premature deaths every year. Image: REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni A new study has found that you are 50% more… Read Further >>
- Eid Mubarak: A positive decision on Eid announcement this time CHITRAL: The whole country is celebrating Eid today with joy and fervour. It is pleasing to know that the govt Eid sighting committee acknowledged the evidence of Eid moon seekers from different… Read Further >>
- Gen Kayani, Gen Pasha ensured no resistance to Abbottabad raid NEW YORK: Renowned Pulitzer prize winning journalist Seymour Hersh has made startling revelations in a 10,000 word report about the May 2, Abbottabad raid, which killed Osama bin Laden in 2011, claiming… Read Further >>
- Increasing culture of street beggary needs to be checked CHITRAL: It has become so difficult to stop one's car in a market area or on a traffic signal without immediately being surrounded by beggars of a all hue and shades. The… Read Further >>
- Lockdown more intended to test writ of govt, rather than prevention of virus CHITRAL: The eight day lock down has begun across Pakistan with full force. The government using the police and where needed the rangers is making sure that the closure orders are abided… Read Further >>
- Afghanistan is being overrun by crystal meth .. by Ali Latifi A man in central Herat, in western Afghanistan. .. Aref Karimi for Insider The US is leaving behind a flourishing, violent trade in heroin and crystal meth in… Read Further >>
- برطانوی سفیر نے پاکستانیوں کا ڈالا کچرا صاف کیا ،تصویر کا ذریعہCHRISTAINTURNER/TWITTER آپ کا تو ہمیں نہیں پتا لیکن اگر ہم کسی خوبصورت اور پُرفضا مقام پر جاتے ہیں اور وہاں قدرتی خوب صورتی سے زیادہ انسانوں کا پھیلایا ہوا کچرا… Read Further >>
- Four candidates from Upper Chitral qualify CSS exams [caption id="attachment_24370" align="alignleft" width="139"] Photo courtesy 'Sarhad News Chitral'[/caption] CHITRAL: According to a notification of the Public Service Commission of Pakistan, 221 candidates out of the 364 applicants appearing in the CSS… Read Further >>
- Nighat Akbar Shah- The Pioneer of Philanthropy in Chitral .. by Islamuddin Chitral owes much of its present development paradigm to charity funds channeled through NGOs. Ironically no well off Chitrali chose to take out a leaf from the book of… Read Further >>
- Chitral: Three suicide cases in two days CHITRAL: Three cases of suicide including one young man of 29 years from Sonoghor village Upper Chitral and two young girls aged 19 and 20 years, belonging to Lon Gol village of… Read Further >>