CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
First Online Publication Site of Chitral
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google News for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs This page lists brief headings from newslets regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- Ulema urge people to spend Haj, Umrah money on the poor LAHORE : Pakistan Ulema Council and Darul Afta Pakistan have appealed to people who intend to perform Haj or Umra to spend their money and savings on labourers, daily wage earners and… Read Further >>
- ہر حالت میں باجماعت نماز اہم’ یا صادق اور امین ہونا زیادہ اہم ؟ بیشک نماز فرض ہے اور با جماعت نماز کی فضیلت ہے لیکن اگر ہمارے علماء حضرات موجودہ حالت میں بھی جتنا زور با جماعت نماز پر دے رہے ہیں اگر اتنا زور … Read Further >>
- The Coronavirus could reshape global order ?.. by Kurt M. Campbell?and?Rush Doshi Chinese President Xi Jinping visits a hospital in Wuhan, China, March 2020Xie Huanchi Xinhua / eyevine / Redux With hundreds of millions of people now isolating… Read Further >>
- President Alvi urges scholars to ban congregational prayers after Jamia Al Azhar issues fatwa Files President Arif Alvi on Wednesday urged religious scholars to take urgent action to halt congregational prayers in the country and? curb the spread of coronavirus in Pakistan. The president made the… Read Further >>
- Dictatorships fare better than Democracies in combating Corona CHITRAL: In the war against Corona pandemic, countries where dictatorship prevails have fared better than countries which follow? democracy. China, the primary and most hard hit country has managed to harness the… Read Further >>
- Enter Corona .. by Grant Lock We were gods Masters of our world Now humanity Lies unfurled plans trashed mashed like the potato a separate saucepan for me a separate saucepan for you Well… Read Further >>
- COVID-19?s stop-gap solution until vaccines are ready Brian W. Simpson This scanning electron microscope image shows SARS-CoV-2 (round magenta objects), also known as COVID-19, emerging from the surface of cells cultured in the lab. Image: NIAID-RML As novel coronavirus… Read Further >>
- Billions spent but no end to Chitral power crisis .. by Zahiruddin A micro hydropower station in Madak Lusht. ? Dawn The people of Chitral have been facing problems due to frequent power outages for the last two years though billions… Read Further >>
- Nauroz Festival: tufted and quarantined by: A. M. Khan Unconstrained by virus, Sun and Earth, continue their eternal business but it has reshaped human business even every aspect of life on earth. The cancellation of equinox rituals… Read Further >>
- Corona has brought Science and Religion closer together CHITRAL: Science and religion have forever been at logger heads contesting for their relevance in the lives of human beings. Religios have mostly (if not always) opposed science and scientific achievements, and… Read Further >>
- Clerics rubbish Govt orders regarding Friday Prayer protocol CHITRAL: In a rather hasty move the government of KPK along with other provinces had issued some very severe orders regarding precautions in the wake of a possible COVID spread. Among the… Read Further >>
- Good News: Chloroquine, an old malaria drug, may help treat novel coronavirus, doctors say What do malaria and COVID-19 have in common? On the surface, not much. But according to early research, an old malaria drug called chloroquine might also work for the new?coronavirus. Could a… Read Further >>
- Corona virus mellows down the pace of life world over CHITRAL: The Corona virus has come as a pandemic scare to the world and brought it down on it's knees within days. It has slowed down economies and acted as air brakes… Read Further >>
- A new gymnasium opens in Chitral town CHITRAL: A new gymnasium and fitness club has started functioning in Chitral town. The gym is housed in a generously spacious hall measuring 5000 sq ft covered area beside being centrally located… Read Further >>
- A hero of humanity: The ‘Eidhi’ of Chitral (urdu) دھڑکنوں کی زبان .. محمد جاوید حیات محمد حسین.. چترال کا عبد الستار ایدھی [caption id="attachment_19830" align="aligncenter" width="1338"] oznorWO[/caption] روز صبح تڑکے ڈی ٰایچ کیو ہسپتال چترال کے وارڈوں میں ایک لمبا… Read Further >>
- Entrants into Chitral to be screened for Corona Virus CHITRAL: According to a notification issued by the Deputy Commissioner Lower Chitral, all persons entering Chitral Districts shall have to undergo screening for the current Corona Pandemic virus at four different points.… Read Further >>