CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs Brief news about chitral This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- Lab-grown dairy is the future of milk, researchers say Startups are joining the race to create first imitation cow’s milk by artificially reproducing proteins in curds and whey The dairy alternatives market is among the fastest growing of all packaged foods,… Read Further >>
- The future will be weirder than we think Developments in the next few decades could change humanity for the next few millennia. .. by Tyler Cowen Weirder, the future is, than you can imagine. Photographer: ROSLAN RAHMAN/AFP Tyler Cowen is… Read Further >>
- Ayun, Kalash residents protest delay in road construction CHITRAL: The residents of Ayun and Kalash valleys held a large protest demonstration at Ayun lamenting the delay in construction of the Ayun-Kailash valleys road. The participants who included leaders from various… Read Further >>
- Lowari tunnel nuisance, biggest impediment to tourism in Chitral CHITRAL: The nonsensical management of the Lowari tunnel is proving a big impediment to tourism in Chitral, beside a perpetual pain in the neck for Chitralis. Tourists arriving in Chitral said they… Read Further >>
- Saudi Arabia restarts Umrah but (almost) bans Pakistanis .. by Darakhshan Anjum The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on Sunday announced that international pilgrims will be allowed to perform Umrah from the first of the Islamic month Muharram (10 August 2021),… Read Further >>
- Skardu versus Chitral in tourism, a boom and gloom comparison CHITRAL: Skardu used to be a remote and forlorn area till the late 90's when Chitral was a popular tourist destination for foreign travellers specially with the hippie community. however, with passage… Read Further >>
- Where do the richest Americans live .. by Fang Block Here, take a look at the residences the six richest moguls call home: 1. Bill Gates Worth: $81 billion Home: Medina, Washington Mr. Gates, 60, spends most of his time at… Read Further >>
- Armed workers of Baloristan movement stopped from entering Shandur CHITRAL: Armed workers of the Baloristan movement, a militant organisation of Gilgit Baltistan, allegedly supported by external forces, first challenged the residents of Laspur Upper Chitral for a 'duel' and then marched… Read Further >>
- Need for organisation of animal slaughter ritual on Eidul Azha CHITRAL: The ritual of offering a sacrifice to Allah in the form of slaughtering an animal is in practice since the time of our Holy Prophet (PBUH) and is a Sunnah. Although… Read Further >>
- Five motels, tent village in Chitral ruining due to govt’s apathy CHITRAL: Five motels established by the Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) in various scenic sites in Chitral are ruining due to negligence on the part of relevant authorities, sources said on Sunday.… Read Further >>
- Need for encouraging collective qurbani (animal sacrifice) Dear Sir, Through your esteemed online newspaper I would like to put forward my following thoughts on the subject: Qurbani (animal sacrifice) is an obligatory ritual in Islam and every muslim respects… Read Further >>
- Lie detectors need be installed in courts CHITRAL: The need for ensuring that parties involved in a legal case should speak the truth in front of the honourable courts while recording their evidences/statements is ever so much today, as… Read Further >>
- Building materials take a high jump overnight in Chitral CHITRAL: With the construction season in full swing, the price of building materials have been rising steadily so far, but the night between 08 and 09 July saw a big jump in… Read Further >>
- Wreckless drivers and traffic police CHITRAL: There has been considerable improvement in the performance of police in KPK but all readers will not agree with this opinion. They say the same is going on at present and… Read Further >>
- Ertuğrul reaches Chitral in the form of a new restaurant CHITRAL: Ertuğrul, hero of the Turkish historical fiction and adventure television series, which has taken Pakistani television viewers by storm, has ploughed his lance in Chitral too. [caption id="attachment_24858" align="aligncenter" width="889"] Ertuğrul… Read Further >>
- Responsibility of food authority regarding influx of fake food items in Chitral CHITRAL: The over population of the country has given wide range of demand for food items which has created markets for fake food items. Not only food items but many other articles… Read Further >>
- Chitral’s roads and inactivity of KP government Yesterday day I travelled from upper Chitral to lower Chitral and the taxi was negotiating the hairpin bends so slowly that we had to spend 4 instead of 2 or less on… Read Further >>
- Pakistan among world’s top15 countries in cryptocurrency adoption .. by Ahsan Gardezi Cryptocurrency adoption continues to grow around the globe in 2021, with trade intensity based on regional presence surging in the wake of recurrent bullish and bearish trends. During… Read Further >>