CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs Brief news about chitral This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- Canadian female vlogger permanently moves to Gilgit Baltistan Canadian vlogger, Rosie Gabrielle, has announced to permanently move to Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan. The traveler said that Pakistan is a safe country and more foreign travelers and vloggers should visit and explore… Read Further >>
- Spurious food items, medicines, cosmetics, wrecking health of Chitralis CHITRAL: Ever since the advent of spuriousness and and adulteration in Pakistan, Chitral has been a flourishing market for the defiled and impure stuff. Owing to the general level of poverty, the… Read Further >>
- Bitcoin likely to consume as much energy as Pakistan in 2021 .. by Ahsan Gardezi The world’s biggest cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, is poised to consume 91TWh of energy, as much as Pakistan utilizes in a year, in 2021 with its more expensive and powerful… Read Further >>
- US should repent past crimes and stop further interventions CHITRAL: The United States of America has a malicious history of interventions and interferences in the affairs of countries all over the world. Whether it be intervention in Chile, starting in 1811,… Read Further >>
- Countering Islamophobia .. by Raza Muhammad Khan THE post 9/11 era saw unfortunate conflation of Islam with terrorism, rise of anti-Muslim politics and legislations against traveller migration by Muslims and feminine Islamic piety (headscarf,… Read Further >>
- Georgian Expedition 2021 to Saraghrar peak of the Hindukush .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig On 19th August, a three-member expedition of Georgian climbers reached Zondrangram with an NOC and permit from the authorities concerned. They left for the base camp… Read Further >>
- Regime change in Afghanistan and beyond .. by Lt Gen (rtd) Raza Muhammad Khan IT is said that those who don’t remember the past are condemned to repeat it. The British, the Soviets and a Coalition comprising 50… Read Further >>
- Is our economy really improving? .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig The economic condition of the country at the time of the general elections held in 2018 was said to be in the lowest stage when the… Read Further >>
- How did ‘Tea’ come to Chitral? .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig Tea is one of the essential items of our breakfast and we take it wherever and whenever it is presented beside buying it at restaurants. When… Read Further >>
- ‘Game of the masses’ challenges ‘Game of kings’ for popularity in Chitral CHITRAL: Polo has been the hallmark sport of Chitrali culture for centuries. Known as the 'game of Kings' it was considered a luxury enjoyed mostly by the royalty and nobility, with commoners… Read Further >>
- UK defence secretary suggests US is no longer a superpower .. by Dan Sabbagh and Patrick Wintour Ben Wallace said a ‘superpower that is … not prepared to stick at something isn’t probably a superpower’. Photograph: Tayfun Salcı/Zuma/Rex/Shutterstock Ben Wallace, Britain’s defence… Read Further >>
- Trekking from Laspur Chitral to Kumrat valley .. by Shams uddin Day—1: Tuesday, August 24, 2021: Travelling from Booni to Laspur Traveled to the Laspur valley, the launching point of the Laspur to Kumrat trek, with Niat driver of… Read Further >>
- Female population visibly more than male, in Chitral CHITRAL: The world gender population ratio of male to female is 101 to 100 respectively according to Wikipedia (2021 count). However in Chitral this average is visibly out of proportion. Our reporter… Read Further >>
- Two die as truck falls of Lowari road CHITRAL: The driver and conductor of a goods truck coming from Peshawar to Chitral, died on the spot when their vehicle fell off the road into the ravine at Ashret village on… Read Further >>
- Electric car taxi launched for Northern areas of Pakistan CHITRAL: Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Climate Change Malik Amin Aslam on Monday inaugurated an environment friendly e-taxi for northern areas of the country. Addressing the launching ceremony of… Read Further >>
- The challenges of possible Afghan refugees influx in Chitral. CHITRAL: According to latest media reports all the arrangements have been completed near Arandu border to accommodate 1200 Afghan refugee families. The people of Chitral have already shown their reservations at it's… Read Further >>
- Uchaw festival kicks off in Kalash valley, Chitral .. by Shah Murad Baig CHITRAL: Special Assistant to Chief Minister on Minorities’ Affairs Wazirzada inaugurated the Kalash religious festival Uchaw in his native Rambur valley on Monday. Besides provincial Minister for… Read Further >>
- Remote Chitral village produces outstanding students, politician CHITRAL: The small remote village of Kandujaal in Garam Chashma area of lower Chitral, has had the honour of producing at least two outstanding students and a prominent politician. Nizar Ali of… Read Further >>
- How a Pakistani conman ‘robbed’ $100 million from Bill Gates by: Larry Getlen Arif Naqvi (right) is under house arrest in London as he awaits extradition to NYC to be tried for financial fraud.Getty Images (2) In September 2017, Arif Naqvi was… Read Further >>
- The Lahore molestation incident: Causes and prevention CHITRAL: The recent diabolical incident at Lahore, where scores of youngsters collectively mutilated a young lady who along with companions had gone to the national park to shoot a tiktok film, is… Read Further >>