CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- Collective ‘Qurbani’ culture is need of the day Chitral -- As Eid ul Azha or Eid e Qurban (festival of sacrifice) draws near, thousands and thousands of sheep, goats, cows, bulls, camels etc are being Read Further >>
- Chitral returning to normal as COVID-19 SOPS are vanishing fast CHITRAL: Current situation in Chitral town has almost returned to the the Pre-Corona days as hardly any one in the bazars etc can be seen wearing a protective mask. Restaurants are open… Read Further >>
- Four die as jeep falls off the road in Workop upper Chitral CHITRAL: Four persons including three from the same family died after their Suzuki jeep fell off the road onto the bank of river Mulkhow. The accident occurred as the vehicle could not… Read Further >>
- DPO vows to take on drug pushers CHITRAL: District Police Officer Lower Chitral, Abdul Haye has expressed his resolve to take on drug pushers and their collaborators. He was talking to members of Chitral Press club led by their… Read Further >>
- Pushcart vegetable vendors virtually takeover Chitral city roads CHITRAL: Despite a large police force including traffic police seen in uniform all the time in the bazars, Chitral city's main bazar roads are at the mercy of pushcart vendors selling vegetable… Read Further >>
- Flood damages roads and property in Golen valley Chitral CHITRAL: As per the prediction of the NDMA, flood due to glaciers breach has caused damage to roads and property in four villages of the Golen Valley where Chitral's largest power house… Read Further >>
- Shandur has always remained a part of Chitral, Political leaders CHITRAL: An extraordinary meeting followed by a press conference by leaders of all the political parties in Chitral have taken strong exception to Shandur top and valley being shown as part of… Read Further >>
- When will our mosques start preaching character building? CHITRAL: The institution of a mosque when established by our Holy Prophet (PBUH) was not only meant to be a place to offer collective prayers but it was supposed to serve much… Read Further >>
- Sony Launches its Pocket Air Conditioner .. by Mahnoor Nadeem Japanese companies are known for producing eccentric products and devices that are usually out of the norm. Sony is one of the pioneers when it comes to launching out… Read Further >>
- Remote village of Chitral only visible from an airplane CHITRAL: There is a village in Drosh town of Lower Chitral District, which has successfully remained away from the attention of the authorities and the media. The Goos village is situated between… Read Further >>
- What is a threat to Islam and what is not (urdu video) In the backdrop of constructing a Hindu temple in Islamabad Read Further >>
- Snow leopard and the poacher mafia of Chitral .. by Prof Rahmat Karim Baig This write up is intended to clarify certain misgivings that have been hatched by a gang of hunters who have been involved in the genocide of… Read Further >>
- Why Institutions are stunned in Pakistan (urdu video) Truth be told. We owe it to the country. Read Further >>
- Immigration of ex heads of state, government, armed forces, judiciary be banned. CHITRAL: Dear Sir, Through your esteemed online news service, I would like to recommend to the Parliament of Pakistan to make a law which bans all Heads of State, Heads of Government,… Read Further >>
- Dicing with death: College students throw Covid parties and gamble on it .. by Ashley Collman Exterior view of the Baptist Health Coronavirus Care Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama, on March 23, 2020. Taylor Hill/Getty A city council member in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, told ABC News on Wednesday that… Read Further >>
- Prominent Islamic scholar says according to Imam Abu Hanifa prayers can be offered in native language CHITRAL: Prominent Muslim Scholar Dr Shabir Ally says, according to the teachings of Imam Abu Hanifa, who has the largest following among Sunni muslims, Prayers can be offered in one's native language… Read Further >>
- Why Elections Fail the Country Again and Again CHITRAL: Pakistan despite having God gifted natural resources and a wonderful people has always been failed by our system of government. Time after time we hold elections and governments are formed every… Read Further >>
- Imran Khan’s Madina Model: How and By Whom? .. by Mir Wazir Khan Imran Khan has been the centre of many debates and discussion ever since he made a political party (Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaaf) and entered into the murky waters of… Read Further >>