CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs Brief news about chitral This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- E-Voting – Why not Immediate Implementation? Electronic voting is being implemented every where in the world at a rapid pace. Countries like India and Bangla Desh have also adopted the new technology. Pakistan has a good basic infrastructure… Read Further >>
- One Global Army for the world – 4 The idea of a global army or global police force, transcends beyond, ideologies, religions, Al Qaidas, White masters etc and all. It is simply an idea for an administrative arrangement of policing… Read Further >>
- One Global Army for the world – 3 A naive idea of trust in those who are responsible for making weapons (both conventional and non-conventional) and then create markets for them! Our white masters know well where, how and where… Read Further >>
- One Global Army for the world – 2 Yes a global army is the very need of the day. The world nations in general, and Pakistan in particular, have to fairly and squarely review their military set ups. The present… Read Further >>
- One Global Army for the world The recent operation by US military forces deep inside Pakistan to get their wanted target Osama bin Laden tells us clearly how the world has changed. Even a decade ago such an… Read Further >>
- Usefully engaging Jail inmates I get this idea from a news story published in Daily Mail (read details). Why should we also not employ jailed criminals to clean the roads and other hard labour instead of… Read Further >>
- “Let Justice be done, may the heavens fall” Words of the Chief Justice of Pakistan come as a breath of fresh air in a suffocatingly uncertain environment in Pakistan. The bold declaration at a time when the law of the… Read Further >>
- Presidential government? The present strife in the country over demand for new provinces is understandable as the ongoing system is not delivering. It is indeed a burden on the country's exchequer and a cause… Read Further >>
- Chitral; quickest way to progress The district of Chitral, though gifted with bounties by mother nature, is always found to be at the edge of existence when contemporary progress and development is considered. Whether it be mineral… Read Further >>
- Replace Urdu with Arabic – 4 With reference to the views of respectable writers on the subject, I thank them for the generation of a fruitful discourse on a very important but hitherto ignored issue. The writers have… Read Further >>
- Replace Urdu with Arabic – 3 This is with reference to the letters written by Editor CN Fardad Ali Shah and renowned economist Dr Tariqullah Khan, suggesting replacement of Urdu with Arabic as the national language for Pakistan.… Read Further >>
- Replace Urdu with Arabic – 2 'Replace Urdu with Arabic' is a great idea of immense national significance. The Editor CN has highlighted its irrefutable religious, civilizational and social importance. The benefits of the idea are of similar… Read Further >>
- Replace Urdu with Arabic We as Muslims pray five times a day in Arabic, recite the Holy Quran, celebrate our births, weddings and all important occasions even observe death rites in the Arabic language, but unfortunately… Read Further >>
- A powerhouse going waste The Chitral town hydel power house was constructed in 1975 as a result of efforts of the then MNA Ataliq Jafar Ali Shah. It began operations with a rated output of one… Read Further >>
- Segregation of Morality from Religion Degradation of moral values in our society is a favourite topic of daily conversation these days. Every thinking soul seems to lament the state of our collective moral fiber. Being honest, truthful,… Read Further >>
- Our Top rulers should be bachelors I wish to share an idea with your readers -something which lurks in my mind. If we want to check corruption in this country I think we should have bachelors on the… Read Further >>
- Research needed to solve world crises With the passage of time, the standard of every thing slowly but steadily is eroding; from human values, human needs, human relations and education etc, all things even love is becoming artificial… Read Further >>
- Local Govts through ‘Meritocracy’ The prime minister has announced that Local Govts would be dissolved and bureaucrats would be appointed as administrators. The decision is a perfect example of the hypocrisy of the form of democracy… Read Further >>